Cold weather can affect the roads and driving conditions, so it is important to get your Volkswagen in for a winter service check. If you haven’t winterized your vehicle yet, it’s high time to call the Lewisville Volkswagen service department to make an appointment!
We provide a no charge winter check for any Lewisville Volkswagen vehicles to make sure our customers stay safe. A winter service appointment will check:
- Antifreeze levels in your radiator to make sure they are full and your water to antifreeze ratio is close to 50/50.
- Wiper blades, so you can always see through your windshield clearly. The added precipitation will mean your wipers need to work overtime, so we make sure they are ready for the task. If not, we have plenty in stock for a quick change-out.
- Windshield washer fluid, so it is ready to get any dirt, ice and sludge off your windshield. Visibility is lower in winter months, and we want to make sure nothing gets in your way.
- Tire tread depth, which needs to be at least 3/32” to be considered safe. Any lower and it’s critical that you replace your tires. (Tires with a tread depth of 3/32” are considered legally worn out!)
- Tire pressure to make sure you don’t have low air pressure, which can can cause your car to slip and slide on wet or icy roads. We make sure your tire pressure is at the right level to prevent accidents.
While you are at Lewisville VW for your no charge winter check, we can get your annual maintenance done as well. This way you will be ready to enjoy your Lewisville VW year-round!
Even after your winter service check, it is smart to be prepared. Keep an emergency kit in your car that includes an ice scraper, flashlight, jumpers, flares, and tape. To give your car more traction on icy roads, sprinkle salt or cat litter over icy patches. (Some of these items are available in our Driver Gear Shop!)