At Lewisville VW, we’re proud to be engaged in what goes on in the city of Lewisville. Lewisville is a great place to live, a great place to raise a family, and is never short on things to do in the summer! We’re happy to be supporters of Lewisville’s second season of summer musicals, as well. Here’s a quick rundown of what’s coming up
- “His Eye is On The Sparrow: The Ethel Waters Story,” a musical drama that tells the story of Ethel Waters’ early life in Philadelphia, peppered with jazz-era music from the Roaring ’20s.
- “Love Letters,” focuses on two characters and the hilarious, poignant letters exchanged during the course of their lives. It stars former TV stars Tony Dow (Leave It To Beaver) and Judy Norton (The Waltons).
- “The Foreigner” is a funny romp through misunderstandings and cultural differences, when an English visitor (Johnny Crawford, from TV’s The Rifleman) signs into a resort-style fishing lodge in rural Georgia.
- “The Night The Music Died” revisits Buddy Holly’s tragic 1959 death in a plane crash, with music from Holly, Richie Valens and The Big Bopper.
- “A Chorus Line” is one of the most highly-acclaimed shows in Broadway history, telling the story of showbiz hopefuls and the human spirit (and putting musical numbers like “I Can Do That,” “I Hope I Get It,” and “What I Did For Love” into the popular music canon).
That’s just a brief overview of a few of the musicals coming your way this summer through the city of Lewisville! At Lewisville VW, we’re happy and proud to be part of the community, and we’d like to ask you to become part of our community as well. You can connect with us online through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube and keep pace with the latest at Lewisville VW.