Motor Trend has published its list of new sports cars, and the roster is pretty thrilling. From the familiar to the unique, the new cars cover a range wide enough to suit any taste and almost any budget. Here, we hit a few highlights.
- At the high end of the price range, Ferrari and Lamborghini offer exotic good looks, as well as performance and efficiency. If your auto budget exceeds $300,000, consider the 2012 Lamborghini Aventador. With a 6.5-liter V12 engine and sleek, aerodynamic styling, the Aventador gets 17 miles per gallon on the highway.
- If you want to spend a little less, but still feel like James Bond, Aston Martin has several options. For just over two hundred thousand dollars, the 2012 Aston Martin Virage comes in both coupe and convertible, stylish and sleek, with an average of 18 mpg on the highway.
- The 2012 Porsche 911 offers excitement and luxury, the antidote to the dull drive. With a price tag of about half the Aston Martin, the 911 gets 26 mpg on the highway, and is available in convertible and coupe.
- Lower on the price scale, but higher in unique style, the Lotus Exige offers a thrill—to those who can fit inside it! This small but exotic model has thrilling good looks, a $65,000 price tag, and gets 26 mpg on the highway.
- The Audi S5 offers a smooth and quiet ride. With sleek styling and a supercharged turbo engine, this model offers powerful open-top fun.
- Coming down from the luxury prices is the newly redesigned Volkswagen EOS. A unique hardtop convertible with a completely functioning power tilt, a slide sunroof and a comfortable leatherette interior, the EOS offers sporty style at 30 mpg on the highway for just under $40,000.
- The GTI is another great offering from Volkswagen. Offering 31 mpg on the highway and priced under $25,000, the GTI has the distinction of offering cargo space to go with its sporty sensibilities.
- The perfect combination of the familiar and the sporty, the Beetle is a true classic. Fun to drive, and reasonably priced, the 2012 Beetle is sleeker and sportier than ever.
Whether your style leans toward the Beetle, the EOS, or the GTI, Lewisville VW has you covered. Check us out for your next hot sports car, by dropping by the dealership or visiting our website. For a deeper connection, find us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.